Batteries.com is looking to hire a Merchandising Assistant.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals. To this team we are looking to add a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, hard-working and creative individual with an eye for merchandising to join our team as a Merchandising Assistant. We value intelligent, driven people that work well both independently and in a team environment. Job responsibilities in this position can expand and grow with the demonstrated success of the individual.
- New item and new vendor set-up and maintenance
- Update and maintain item/vendor database as necessary
- Manage new item spreadsheet
- Liaise with key vendors (collect all new item sheets, set up appointments, request line reviews, etc.)
- Work with existing vendors to ensure accurate copy and product details
- Category point person for Batteries.com customer service, supply chain, photo studio, and copywriters, to resolve product description, specification, and pricing issues
- Develop expertise with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems to facilitate weekly, monthly, and quarterly departmental reports
- Manage on-site shopping experience through effective use of tagging and product organization
- Create on-site rules to support category objectives Manage updates and additions to promotional calendars (sales, coupons, gift with purchase) and related assets for Batteries.com
- Collect data for offline and online marketing efforts (Google PPC, email, and direct mail)
- Maintain existing Google PPC accounts Create on-site promotions and set up one-off and recurring promotions
- Communicate changes in on-line assortment to cross-functional teams at Batteries.com
- The position requires an individual who can work in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate will be career oriented with a goal of growing with the organization and taking on more responsibility over time.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year of experience is preferred for this entry level position
- Driven, passionate, flexible and results-oriented
- Strong analytical acumen
- Comfortable with retail math and Microsoft Excel especially
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products required
- Adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
This position is located in Norcross, GA.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.