Batteries.com is looking to hire an Executive Administrative Assistant.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
To this team we are looking to add a detail oriented, organized planner as an Executive Assistant to the President of Operations. The candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to keep the President organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as a “go to” for all areas and departments. This candidate will support the President maintaining excellent rapport with internal clients, cross-functionally with other business groups and departments, employing insightful and knowledgeable communications inter and intra departmentally to foster a cooperative and communicative atmosphere in the areas which officially and unofficially fall under the Executive Assistant’s purview.
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals is important. A good sense of humor is critical, as is the ability to be flexible, and to change direction at a moment’s notice. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years work experience in a fast-paced executive administrative capacity
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excell and Word
- Maintains a positive attitude / good sense of humor even in the most ambigous of situations
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
- Sets a high bar for self and team; can provide key examples of improving efficiency or daily productivity of direct manager and / or team
- Thinks big: wants to do more and is always looking around corners
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Pivots quickly and is able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require timely response or turnaround
- Positive, proactive, very detail oriented with sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
This position is located in Norcross, GA.TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.
- Understanding of business structure and human resources concepts
- Program management experience
- Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts quickly