Batteries.com is looking to hire an eCommerce Category Manager.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals. To this team we are looking to add a highly-motivated, detail-oriented eCommerce Category Manager. The Category Manager position is responsible for sourcing and merchandising several categories. We are looking for the right individual to help us drive growth and margin through assortment planning, vendor negotiations, onsite merchandising and inventory management.
- ASSORTMENT PLANNING AND LAUNCH STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- Develop product assortment for launch and ongoing expansion.
- Establish optimum product mix, develop effective pricing / merchandising strategies.
- Provide business analysis and insights of sales, pricing, ongoing opportunities for incremental volume.
- ON-LINE MERCHANDISING
- Develop on-line merchandising and promotion proposals and calendar to achieve sales targets.
- Develop business rules to support ongoing online merchandising leveraging our online search and merchandising capabilities.
- Oversee initial product set-up. Update and maintain vendor/item database as necessary.
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- Work with existing vendor base to negotiate terms improvement, develop new incentive programs, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to our fulfillment centers.
- Ensure profitability by accurate forecasting and close monitoring of procurement margin.
- Establish new direct accounts in support of selection expansion and margin improvement.
- Lead supplier/publisher business reviews.
- INVENTORY & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Project sales by SKU, and work with supply chain to purchase inventory required to support sales.
- Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flows (including the forecasting, purchasing, and return of new and catalog products). Involves determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- The ideal candidate possesses superb business judgment with a desire to build and manage their own business.
- The individual should have a proven track record of successful negotiations and relationship management (both internal and external).
- The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
- He/she is adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Communication skills (both oral and written) are also key.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred, as well as an agility with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems.
- A background in retail or e-commerce is desired.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, M.B.A. strongly preferred.
This position is located in Norcross, GA.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.