Batteries.com is looking to hire a Distribution Manager.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
We seek someone with a strong background in fulfillment / distribution to join the team in our Norcross area warehouse. The successful candidate will oversee and maintain the daily operations of the Fulfillment team, with the goal of providing consistently superior ("WOW") service to all Batteries.com customers. The chosen candidate will support the Vice President Operations in developing all warehouse processes, procedures and schedules and will rely heavily on both experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Create a "WOW" experience for the team and customers.
- Hire, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Ensure adherence to receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Evaluate current processes and controls, and recommend / implement improvements.
- Manage and audit team member's timekeeping.
- Provide leadership and direction for the hourly team members.
- Work with the team members to develop and implement picking, replenishment, shipping and receiving schedules to ensure efficient operation of day-to-day functions.
- Prepare daily reports in a timely manner, review goals, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Assist with the development of cost controls and other performance measurements
- Supervision of the daily activities of the warehouse.
- Inbound receipt scheduling.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and orderly workplace
This position is located in Norcross, GA.TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in the fulfillment of consumer products with a preference for those with direct to consumer delivery.
- 3+ years directly supervising / managing a distribution and or inventory control staff.
- PC and WMS skills required.