Batteries.com is looking to hire a Creative UX Director.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
The Creative UX Director role is unique and for the right candidate it will prove an amazing opportunity. The Director will own the entire end-to-end process of bringing new functionality to the site: from scoping the project with the business owners to high-fidelity prototyping to creating the interactive elements to shepherding the new functionality live into production. In addition the Director, along with the Art Director, will strategically collaborate with Marketing to manage our on-site brand identity.
You will supervise a Sr. UX Designer, an Art Director and two web designers.
Over the next two years, our goal is to create the most elegantly usable ecommerce websites so we're looking for someone who wants to both be part of a dynamic, creative team and have ambitions to be a rock-star.
The Director should demonstrate a rich but versatile aesthetic, be a little geeky when it comes to usability, and intuitively understand and solve for the nuances of ecommerce design patterns. In addition, and quite significantly, the role needs to interface with our marketing and merchandizing teams to help them realize their business goals.
- Create an environment where your team can thrive and have ownership of their projects
- Formulate and execute on a strong strategic vision for the site experience
- Work with Merchandising Dept. stakeholders to optimize for conversion and average order value
- Work with Director of Marketing to define and maintain the on-site brand
- Create medium and high-fidelity prototypes
- Design interaction, look and feel
- Write non-technical specification for programmers
- Final-pass QA
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors or related field
- 4+ years of experience in designing and prototyping for the web; ecommerce experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a "don't make me think" understanding of usability
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills; high-fidelity prototyping experience is a plus
- Ability to write non-technical specs for programmers
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Above all else: good intuition and a little quirkiness
This position is located in Norcross, GA.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.