Batteries.com is looking to hire a Copywriter / Marketing Copywriter.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
To this team we are looking to add a clever and quick Marketing Copywriter to write compelling, relevant and accurate copy geared to both the battery audience. We are looking for a talented writer who can create effective marketing messages on our site, in e-mails, and in print. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and eager to help grow our business by providing engaging content in keeping with the company's voice. The marketing copywriter will be detail-oriented, extremely organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once and able to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. The copywriter also will need to stay updated on current industry trends and terminology across all product categories.
- Write clear, colorful marketing communications with calls to action
- Come up with clever headlines, subheads and subject lines
- Assist marketing staff with their customer acquisition and retention goals
- Proofread and fact-check copy
- Contribute to the development of an internal style guide and ensure site copy meets style standards
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years experience
- Exceptional writing, line editing and copyediting skills
- Previous experience with battery and/or electronics content and products preferred
- Playful way with words
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, demanding environment with competing deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Good eye for what works well graphically
- Web/e-commerce/SEO keyword experience a plus
This position is located in Norcross, GA.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.