Business Intelligence Analyst
Batteries.com is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Business Intelligence Analyst to be a part of the Analytics Team (centralized group that manages all analytics for digital marketing channels, partner marketing and business analysis for Batteries) who will report to Associate Director of Analytics. The primary goal for the candidate at this role is to utilize customer data to produce meaningful insights. This information will be used by the retail team in potential changes to the site, landing pages, product mix, merchandising and customer profitability. Candidate will also be working on predictive modeling and segmentation problems to optimize targeting population. Candidate should be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience with analytic projects in the following areas: Applied Statistics/Econometrics, Data Modeling, Segmentation, Digital and Marketing Intelligence & Competitive Analysis. The ideal candidate should be results-oriented, and an organized communicator. They should be highly analytical and have the ability to operate at the 10K ft. view and in the trenches. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but tactical ones as well: you can roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done when needed. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and bar-raising analytical acumen are critical to success in this role. Candidate will report to the Associate Director of Analytics, but will be dedicated to the needs of the retail organization under the Head of Strategy and Merchandising.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in data analysis using SQL and other statistical modeling tools
- Experience with data modeling and segmentation using any language: R, SAS, Python, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree required - Preferably in Econometrics, Statistics, Economics, Math, or Computer Science with emphasis in Statistics
We are looking for someone who has the skill to do higher level customer analysis, the willingness to do more basic analysis as well, and the experience to interpret both in order to present meaningful customer insights with clarity, that will be used by the retail team in determining potential changes to the site, landing pages, merchandising, product mix and customer profitability.
Candidate must be able to/have:
- Provide analytic support to the retail, strategy & merchandising teams, understand the business context, formulate and execute appropriate analytical approach to address the business situationDrive innovative analytical approaches across the broader team and conceptualize and execute solutions to ambiguous problems
- Perform periodic in-depth analysis of the impact on pricing decisions and conduct price sensitivity/price elasticity studies for new and existing products with resultant break-even elasticity results presented to buying and retail team senior management.
- Advanced expertise in utilizing complex analytic techniques within the retail industry to drive customer profitability and behavior not limited to predictive modeling, clustering, and regression tress (CART), data mining, and optimization techniques
- Support and provide analytical insights to help grow and optimize all digital platforms
- Experience implementing and supporting A/B and Multivariate testing on large consumer websites
- Develop quantitative models necessary for business planning and for evaluation of new strategies
- Analytical Skills:
- Hands-on working with data and SQL
- Proficient in Formulating Analytical methodology, identifying trends and patterns with data
- Business Impact Analysis
- Proficient with hypothesis testing Segmentation, Clustering, Decision trees
- Proficient in Modeling (OLS, logistics)
- Proficient in financial simulation
- Proficient with Design of experiments
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, including working regularly with large data sets and pivot tables
- Proficient with data modeling using: SAS, R or Python
- Good to have experience with tools like Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.