Batteries.com is looking to hire an Art Director / Creative Services Manager.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
The Art Director will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and creativity of the Batteries.com brand online. Working closely with the Merchandising and Marketing Directors, the Art Director will create powerful, consumer-focused, brand experiences across on-site, online advertising and email campaigns. This is a hands-on position that requires leadership, management and strong contribution to the projects on a daily basis.
- Art direct and oversee the daily workflow of graphic designer and freelancers (as needed)
- Serve as brand steward ensuring that all assets are adhering to brand standards and overall web design best practices
- Make recommendations that innovate, engage customers and constantly push brand forward
- Establish creative process, priorities, schedules and site updates
- Supervise/participate in the design and production of on-site, affiliate and email campaign assets.
- Opportunity for print projects as well
- Collaborate with Batteries.com Marketing/Merchandising Directors, Copyrighter and Graphic Designer to concept and develop effective creative that is on-brand and meets business objectives
- Continually evaluate, analyze and leverage A/B testing capability to make improvements to campaign performance
- Manage ongoing updates and optimization of Brand Style Guide ensuring its effectiveness for internal employees and agencies
- Maintain site asset reference library
- Partner with the User Experience team on special projects to ensure cohesive brand experience across new functionality and features
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years designing for retail a must - (eCommerce desired)
- 1-2 years leadership experience
- Excellent design and conceptual experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Knowledge of print process a plus
- Web based portfolio exhibiting print and web projects
- Experience working closely with cross functional teams
- Ability to work well as a team player but demonstrates skills as a leader
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer focused thinking
This position is located in Norcross, GA.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.
Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.