Batteries.com is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Associate.
Since opening for business seventeen years ago, Batteries.com has been online 24/7 working to become one of the world's leading retailers of batteries and related mobile electronic accessories. We offer a fun startup culture, the elimination of most layers between thought and action, and a dedicated, talented team of professionals.
The accounts payable associate position will report to the accounts payable manager at the Batteries.com corporate office. This role is responsible for the processing of daily incoming invoices by category, assisting with special projects and additional duties as needed. The accounts payable associate must establish and maintaining strong relationships and communication with both our internal and external contacts. The accounts payable associate will provide efficient, effective problem solving and resolution when completing the three-way match of all purchase order invoices. The associate must also resolve invoices issues timely, analyze purchase order variances and reconcile vendor activity daily and monthly. Special projects and tasks will be required as needed such as monthly reconciliation of critical vendor’s accounts, conference calls with vendors regarding issues and weekly updates to management regarding AP status. The Accounts Payable associate will manage critical vendors with a high level of support and detail to ensure accounts are kept current.
- Responsible for processing high volume of AP invoices
- Assist with the implementation of EDI for AP invoice processing
- Complete purchase order invoice three way match process
- Resolve, research and escalate invoice to PO variances for price, quantity and receiving
- Monitor and manage daily AP Stats to ensure invoices are processed timely and prompt pay discounts are taken
- Communication, follow up and research with warehouse regarding shortages or quantity issues
- Reconcile merchandise invoices to receiving reports to ensure accuracy of price and quantity of inventory
- Work closely with category, supply chain managers and vendor contacts to investigate OIA, allowance issues or miscellaneous charges
- Actively participate in identifying and making improvements to AP-related workflows/processes/software
- Manage AP mailbox to ensure timely response and resolution regarding payment inquires, processing issues and other requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 1-2 years of experience in accounts payable
- MS Excel intermediate or advanced
This position is located in Norcross, GA.TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com. Include in the subject line your name, position name, and where you have seen this ad.Batteries.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will only respond to those we wish to contact for an interview. All inquiries will be kept confidential.Thank you for your interest in Batteries.com.
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding fast paced environment
- Team player attitude, enjoys collaboration and is self-motivated
- Continuous improvement mindset, working towards efficiency
- Must have problem solving, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Comfortable working with multiple systems
- Strong communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Solid math skills and superior attention to detail and organization skills
- Comprehend the sense of urgency regarding critical vendors and payments
- Works with a high level of standard
- Takes initiative with positive attitude and approach to work
- Takes ownership and accountability of daily workload
- Able to hit the ground running